27 October 2012

Normal service will be resumed following Wimborne Food Festival!

That about says it, really!

We went to Wimborne Food Festival today - which was great fun, we met the lovely Noreen Larry with her daughter and the beautiful ladies from Strawberry Fields - but goodness, I was exhausted and sooo cold when we got home.

Kudos must go to hubby, who pushed me around the Food Festival without a murmur of complaint (I'm wheelchair bound, you see) - and it was no mean feat, as the paths are bumpy and really very narrow!  Son and heir acted as my temporary walking stick for bits that were impossible to negotiate by wheelchair, so many thanks go to him too.

I'm having a warm up and normal service will hopefully return tomorrow, when I've had a chance to recoup some energy.  Then, I can tell you all about it!

6 comments:

  1. OH,, My.. I had no idea your were wheelchair bound. Well, It must have been a wonderful day for you.. i love going to things like this.. I get alllll excited knowing there will be lots to see.. and many to meet..

    I'm so lucky to have found you the way I did.. through my very good friend Charlie Wildgoose..

    Get caught up on energy and hope to read about your wonderful day tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm afraid so. I don't use a wheelchair indoors - just a walking stick and totter from chair to stool to chair. There isn't a room in the house that doesn't have a "Jenny rest" in it! My days of being able to walk the dogs are long gone now, I fear. Still, I do retain the hope that one day I will be able to get around again. It's probably a forlorn hope - but never say never and all that! :)

      Delete
  2. Spooky I was at Durham Food Festival - catching glimpses of Jean Chrisophe Novelli (if I've spelt his name right ) and tried my first (and last) oyster!! lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How funny! I'll bet it was cold in Durham, wasn't it? The Wimborne fest was 90% outdoors - and I gather that Jun Tanaka was there somewhere, but we didn't spot him! Oh you lucky thing to get to try an oyster! That's on my foodie bucket list to try. I take it you weren't impressed, then? lol

      Delete
    2. Its crossed off my bucket list too - its strange to describe - slimy and salty like drinking sea water lol and gritty/sandy that part I wasnt so keen on - dont know if mine was not chucked?? properly as hubby said his wasnt gritty - but no other flavour to it - so I wouldnt have another one :-) so forget the oysters and champagne - I'll just take the champagne!!!

      Delete
    3. No, they're definitely not supposed to be gritty. Oh what a shame! I have to admit that if I had a gritty oyster to try, it'd put me right off too - so I know exactly what you mean. Like slimy sea water, eh? Nice! LOL :)

      Delete

I love to receive messages from you all, so if you can spare the time, comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...